Google in India has launched “people cards” in order to achieve a quicker and more efficient professionals search. Now you can create a virtual profile on Google in just 5 minutes. This only works on Mobile devices and not on Desktop/Laptop.
This listing feature has been in the country for some time now in its testing stage and provides Google search with the virtual card experience. The search results should show users their websites or social networking accounts that describe their identity.
Google’s Knowledge Graph is used for the People Cards feature and displays user information. In order to create your People Card in Google Search, you need to provide your phone number and you need an existing Google account.
Google says in its statement: “With this search interface you can now construct a practically visiting card in Search, display your existing website or social profiles, and enhance it with information about yourself, people will like to know more about each other.” Google has also confirmed, in its statement, “We will make it more convenient for users to develop an online identity and find out more about them.
How to create People Card on Google?
- To make your own people card, you will have to sign in to your Google Account.
- Search for “add me to Search” post which you will see a prompt stating, “Add yourself to Google Search.”
- You’ll be asked to provide your phone number which will be verified using a six-digit unique code and will then begin the process of creating your People Card.
- Google will provide you with a form which will let you make your own public profile by adding your location and a brief description of yourself and your occupation.
- You’ll also have to add details about your work, education, hometown, websites, and social media profiles.